Tuesday 6 September 2011

Ramblings on...10 Shopping Days to Eid

Today is the 2nd last weekend before Eid - just 10 days left to Eid. As usual, I left it all rather late! I had 330 odd days to purchase  Baju Rayu and yet for the upteenth year, I repeat the same exact mistake.

Every year, shopping malls will be jammed packed like sardines with Eid Shoppers. And here I am again jostling for parking opportunities (should have driven the kancil), knocking others down whilst lunging for the last bargain shirt on the rack only to find it is 2 two sizes too small.

My kids, like others of their age, joined in the fun...the older ones goes into a corner whips out their hp or psp and escaped the melee, the lesser than 12 year olds runs around oblivious of my existence. Me, I am like the one armed bandit; one thumb on the berry thumping away whilst my wife would occasionally turned to my direction looking for "automated approvals".

As the hours starts to add up, the air gets stuffier with the build up of body heat, deodorant-less armpits and dripping sweat from uncontrollable children. The din starts becoming unbearable and going to your head...
One hour is more than enough for me before my soles (soul too?) starts to feel hot, and my back starts acting up on me...

You must give credit to the ladies. Window shopping or shopping is to them like breathing. Either they are oblivious of the surrounding or when they switched on the shopping mode, nothing else matters

Victims of this "rampage" can be seen all along corridors ;exhausted 60 year old men or women alike leaning on their walking sticks or on glass showcases or taking 40 winks on their locked wheelchairs, babies with tired and worried (at least anxious looking) fathers alongside parked prambulators with a feed in one hand, drenched 4 to 10 year old kids, exasperated teenagers who ran out of batteries or zero credit or no wi-fi...

Rest assured, I will see you here - if He so Willeth - next year ready for the same, if not more, blissful punishment
Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment