Friday 9 September 2011

Ramblings on...Tom and Jerry

Some would have known, by my earlier e-mail, that my "friend" or "fiend" is allegedly back home in Malaysia.

AA coined the phrase "MPPL's own Tom and Jerry"  a month or so before Ramadan of 2005 before he approved my request for a transfer.

In KLIA we were like that too. So were we in SOGO before that. But it was all an act. Everything was left in the office, none brought home.

But Pakistan was different! Our office was our home and vice versa.

There were many horrifying incidences to recall... Even after more than 4 years, I can't bury the hatchet. Perhaps I was stupid enough to consider that I have not paid my debt - till now.

Most horrendous encounters were witnessed by some of you. Others heard the shouting matches from across the lawn or from behind double brick walls. Then there were stories who heard from others.

The worst - during official hours - was the yelling match in the showroom beside MPPLs office. The cause, months of bottling up, stress, looming opening ceremony, unfinished works...

Ranked second was the yelling match in Chaklala's meeting room - during office hours - with the Pakistani house staff who were in on this meeting.  Money not reimbursed for buying foodstuff - hundreds of thousands of rupees of mine and jarvid's own! I should be the one yelling since it was my money

My personal worse was when he kicked me in the back - literally. If not for the back of the chair I would have been hurt. This was in RRAs room after office hours. In Malay tradition it was termed "kurang ajar". Cause? Me chatting on line with Meor asking him to come back or be terminated.

But to top it all...my family and I were the first to be forbidden from eating "his food". Then followed by RRA. In fact nobody was allowed other than those living in his house (I wasn't? Perhaps not my wife and kids) with the exception of his new found "love". I actually bought and cooked for me and mine for a week until I moved. My heartfelt sorrow was shared with Jarvid and Matiullah.

Hence my hasty move into my own flat in front which I was planning to ever since I arrived. I went as far as DHAI area to look for suitable one with the help of Akram and Javid. Our best bet was Safari Villa. The plan was to bring Javid's and Akram's family to live with me and mine. It was never to be. Moving in front helped a great deal. At least I know the boundary between office hours and mine.

My move was not sanctioned by AA. He, accepted it late - a month. In return he assigned the Suzuki car to me! A brand new car. I welcomed it with open arms.

But me being me, after a number of newbies complaining of problems with transportation during their first week, gave up. I let it by...I used it infrequently - shopping once a week and to the doctors. I know it was used for other than intended - late at nights...

Once he came charging in to my own home unannounced and unwelcomed  to bark and insisted that I work when I was out cold with fever just before the public screaming session.

Like husband and wife, like Tom and Jerry.

He came to me many a times bemoaning his problems; office and personal. I did what I do best listen and bear it.

Twice he pleaded that I formulate his letters of resignation - once in July and another in December. A ploy to get an increment. I shared this with you...

I always turned the other cheek.

I have  retaliated but not in the extreme; NOT a tooth for a tooth, nor an eye for an eye.

Whilst I was in REDD and RRA at the same time, I retaliated. I did magic and turned the tables. All guns cocked and aimed at him. All changes were now documented and attributable to him.

Some knew that it was me behind these contractual time bombs though others were oblivious. Some surrendered!

You see, on my return to Malaysia I  upgraded my memory chip, and increased to Terrabytes instead of Gigabytes.

Keep your friends but your enemies closer still. But more befitting but sarcastic: with friends like him, who needs enemies?

I know I should forgive and forget...more so during the season of forgiveness... Have I forgiven him? No. Will I ever? I do not know. Have I forgotten? Not yet and perhaps I never will.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment