Friday 22 July 2011

Ramblings...

Have you noticed our peculiar toilets in the KLIA express trains? Press a button to open the door. Press a button  to close from the inside but you must lock with a lever before you sit. The signage asking you to lock can be seen if you do it standing up.


But if you sit first (urgent business) you won't see the signage!!! Or did I miss that???


Couldn't you have one button to close and the same to lock.


Weird technology


I have never used it before until this morning. Usually I do "it" in the airport itself...


Did I tell you that I worked on the airport from Dec 1995 till Dec 1998? The longest ever in any one place! One km from end to end of the contact pier; the same for the main terminal building (if memory serves me).


I was there pouring the deepest raft, climbed the conical columns, installed the black jacuzzi in the VVIP lounge, hung the tryptich (or was it more?) of the falling ball, climbed the control tower every month to take photos


My son was my assitant photographer on a number of occassions. I was an "old" man when I finished!


I started the "underground" - newsletter on used photostat paper. Circulation was 200 - the total staffing in the company. With the help of my best friend, we took "pot shots" at others.


I think I will do that again! How to maintain anonymity? Blogs of course! So watch out


The ramblings of an old man. Half my staff are my son's age! I think I will revive my title of "wak" again. It's a javanese word for older uncle as opposed to "paman" which connotes a younger uncle.

It took me 28 minutes to type this. It used to be a lot lesser than that. Perhaps it is attributable to rheumetism or is it because of the tiny keys which is being thumped at with a huge thumb?


Oh well. I am here now! In KL for an hour's meeting. Then back to JB. And I have to wait till 5pm to go back because I will not make the 3pm flight since its Friday today. Oh! I do serve my Lord though not as subservient as a lowly vassal should


Bye

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment